Greg Lehman, aka Sven, from Victory Brewing Company gives us his five "Keys to Victory" for conquering Philly Beer Week's 10th anniversary celebration. Take it away, Greg!
1. Drink water! And by water, I mean Victory Headwaters, and by Headwaters I mean stick to the lower alcohol beers. I’m always going to try the Double IPAs, but just one. Then, I try to switch back to the low-ABV stuff (easier said than done).
2. Carry antacids! I tend to drink a lot of sour beers during PBW, and that means I’m also carrying around antacids. Because let's be honest: milk was a baaaad choice.
3. Food. This seems like an obvious one, but it’s also what I forget most often. You start talking to people and next thing you know: blackout city. As a beer rep, I try to eat before events. Pho is a no-brainer, but it's also more of a post-drinking meal (that shit straight-up heals you). Before events, I like a Shake Shack burger (always comes in the clutch), but probably my favorite move is to sneak over to Spruce Street Harbor Park for a Federal Donuts chicken sandwich (or 3). Then I can also sneak in some hammock time.
4. Get outside. We always make sure to have a handful of outdoor events (which can be a pain in the ass because of weather), but when they work, hot damn! Philadelphia makes one helluva backdrop for drinking. And if you can get some dodgeball in the mix ... that's a double win!
5. Brunch is never a bad decision. After all, you know what they say: you can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!
Thanks Philly Beer Week and Happy Anniversary! Love, Sven